- Enjoy the security of a career in technology
- Be career-ready in as little as 3 months
- Train to earn an average of $47,000/yr
- All for only
Computer Repair Technician Training Program
How Long Will It Take Me to Graduate?
Career Step's Computer Technician training program includes 182 hours of curriculum and is designed to be completed in about 3 months of full-time study. However, to ensure you have the time you need, we provide you 6 months of online course access so you can study at the pace that fits your life.
What Will The Computer Technician Program Teach Me?
To ensure you have the skills you need to get a job, the program will cover:
- Hardware and software
- Troubleshooting, repair, and maintenance
- Operating systems
- Operational procedures
- And more
The Computer Technician training program is specifically designed to prepare you for CompTIA A+ Core Series certification exams. The curriculum is built on the exam objectives published by CompTIA. The course includes 3 practice exams designed to prepare you for the certification exams. These exams can be taken as many times as you need. With this specific preparation, you can be confident that you’re gaining the knowledge and skills needed to earn your CompTIA A+ certification immediately after completing the course. Two certification exam vouchers are also provided upon program completion to make it even easier to certify as soon as you finish your course.
In order to prepare you for the CompTIA A+ certification, the Career Step Computer Technician program primarily focuses on the following skills:
- Demonstrate baseline security skills for IT support professionals
- Configure device operating systems, including Windows, Mac, Linux, Chrome OS, Android and iOS and administer client-based as well as cloud-based (SaaS) software
- Troubleshoot and problem solve core service and support challenges while applying best practices for documentation, change management, and scripting
- Support basic IT infrastructure and networking
- Configure and support PC, mobile and IoT device hardware
- Implement basic data backup and recovery methods and apply data storage and management best practices
Want more details about exactly what's included in the program? Download the brochure or program syllabus to learn more or review the learning objectives for each module.