- Prepare for the future of healthcare
- Be career-ready in as little as 3 months
- Train to earn an average of $37,000/yr
- All for only
Medical Administrative Assistant with EHR Job Description
What Does a Medical Administrative Assistant with EHR Expertise Do?
Medical administrative assistants can be found in a variety of healthcare facilities because they keep the business on track while others see to the clinical needs of patients. Your specific job responsibilities would depend on your employer, but medical administrative assistants often handle:
- Creating and updating patients' electronic health records
- Managing the day-to-day operations of a medical facility
- Scheduling and coordinating appointments
- Verifying patient insurance
- Completing and submitting insurance forms
- Preparing correspondence between medical providers and their patients
- Providing quality customer service to patients
Medical administrative assistants generally work in a professional environment in physicians’ office, hospitals, clinics, etc.
How Much Do Medical Administrative Assistants Earn?
Working in Canada reports that, on average, medical administrative assistants earn between $12.50 and $25.62 an hour. For more information on average medical administrative assistant wages in your specific region, visit the Working in Canada website. You may also qualify for benefits as a medical administrative assistant.
Career Step's Medical Administrative Assistant with EHR course helps you gain the knowledge and skills you need to maximize your job opportunities and earning potential by preparing you to earn the Certified Medical Administrative Assistant (CMAA) and Certified Electronic Health Record Specialist (CEHRS) credentials. These credentials prove to employers that you have the skills they’re looking for, and you'll be prepared to sit for the certification exams upon completion. The program even includes vouchers to take the exams upon completion (a $210 value)!