- Work from home
- Be career-ready in as little as 4 months
- Train to earn an average of $42,000/yr
- All for only
- See the Top 5 Reasons to Choose Career Step
Medical Transcription Job Description
What Does a Medical Transcriptionist Do?
The medical transcription industry is currently evolving, and there are currently two types of medical transcriptionists:
- A traditional medical transcriptionist's job in Canada is to transcribe healthcare providers' dictated notes after a patient interaction so the information can be included in the patient's permanent medical record.
- A medical transcription editor reviews and edits the reports generated by speech recognition software. This technology will never be able to meet the accuracy of a well-trained professional, but it does save time by creating the initial draft that is then corrected by the medical transcription editor.
Online medical transcription jobs generally allow you to work remotely from your home or on-site for hospitals and physicians’ offices. With Career Step's online training, you’ll gain the skills of both skill sets, expanding your employment options after completion and allowing you to start working in whichever environment you prefer right away.