- Work from home
- Be career-ready in as little as 4 months
- Train to earn an average of $42,000/yr
- All for only
- See the Top 5 Reasons to Choose Career Step
Medical Transcription and Editing Training Program
Why Should I Choose Career Step's Training Program?
Career Step has been training some of the best medical transcriptionists for over 20 years. Our training can be trusted to prepare you for the workforce because we offer:
- Employer-trusted training – We've worked closely with employers to make sure our training course helps you gain exactly the skills they're looking for.
- Experienced trainers – Career Step's trainers have years of experience working professionally as medical transcriptionists, and you'll have one-on-one access to them by phone, email, and chat.
- Practical experience – There's no better way to learn than by doing. Career Step's training program includes hundreds of real medical records provided by employers so you're learning on files just like those you'll encounter in the workplace.
Our mission at Career Step is to help you gain the skills you need to get a job and succeed in a new career. Join the thousands of learners who trust Career Step and start working toward your rewarding new career today!
How Long Is the Medical Transcription Training Program?
Career Step's online Medical Transcription Editor training program available in Canada includes 640 hours of training and is designed to be completed in about 4 months of full-time study. However, most learners work on the training part time and finish in 6-9 months. To ensure you have the time you need, we provide you 12 months of online program access so you can study at the pace that fits your life.
What Will This Medical Transcription Training Program Teach Me?
To ensure you have the skills you need to get a job, the program will cover:
- Typing skills
- Medical terminology
- Grammar and punctuation
- Anatomy and pharmacology
- Medical record types and formats
- Productivity tips
After working through the first half of the program and building a solid knowledge foundation, you'll move to the practical experience part of the program, or the practicum. This section includes hundreds of authentic doctor dictations and speech recognition generated reports, provided to Career Step by the same employers who hire our learners. This hands-on experience helps you develop and practice the skills you'll need to get hired and succeed in the workforce.
Want more details about exactly what's included in the program? Download the brochure or program syllabus to review the learning objectives for each module.