- Enter a growing field in the $60 billion a year pet industry
- Train in 3 months or less at your pace
- Prepare to earn average salaries of $25,000/yr
- All for only
- See the Top 5 Reasons to Choose Career Step
VETERINARY ASSISTANT TRAINING
How long will the training take?
The Veterinary Assistant training program includes 150 hours of program material and is designed to be completed in 3 months of full-time study. However, the online format allows you to study on your own schedule and at your own pace, so your program access includes 6 months of program access in case you need extra time.
What will I be learning?
The Career Step online Veterinary Assistant program covers:
- Examination room procedures
- Communication and client relations
- Small and large animal nursing
- Pharmacy and pharmacology
- Laboratory procedures
- Surgical preparation and assisting
- Radiology and ultrasound imaging
In addition to images, exercises, and learning games, the course also includes a number of instructive videos to increase your understanding of key concepts and offer another way of learning the material.
Want more details on exactly what’s included in the program? Download a brochure or program syllabus to learn more or review the learning objectives for each module.